The General Secretary of the United Nations said this week that:The Introduction of the Green Economy was the single most important thing to stop climate change! We are the experts, having worked on this concept since its inception and raised it to a global profile where is it one of the only solutions on the table to prevent utter catastrophe and runnaway climate change. Join us today- (visit www.geiclimate.org for the technicals.). Attend our events and find out how you can stop feeling powerless and start making a difference. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
OUR NEXT EVENTS
- 2Tonnes of Carbon – lets stop runaway climate change together: London in February 2019. A special one day conference debrief for our Official United Nations Delegation to the Climate Conference Katowice COP24 and its special significance. Additionally we will be planning our delegation to Chile COP25 and planning an exciting method to allow our teams to travel with a very low carbon footprint.
- We will also be introducing Our campaign for a world of 2 tonnes of carbon per person by 2022 which is now gaining traction around the world as the best solution to stop runnaway climate change and involve everyone on the planet. If this includes you please email to request a place. If you would like to take part and influence the outcome and stop runnaway climate change please come along. Admission is by ticket. Please come and find out how you personally can make a massive difference to the climate – email email@example.com for a ticket. Visit our special climate website www.geiclimate.org.
- Our Official United Nations Delegation to the COP 24 UNFCC Climate Change Conference in Katowice Poland- The Green Economics Institute is an official United Nations Climate Partner and at COP24 we had 2 events, a 30 strong delegation and an Exhibition stand about 2 tonnes of carbon per person per year by 2022 as personal carbon budgets and a fast ratcheting down by 50 per cent in 3 years of carbon usage around the world. 60 government representatives from around the world have already signed our pledge- some of the biggest governments in the world are discussing it behind the scenes- scientists embrace it privately – we all know it makes sense- now lets make it reality- humans can do this- we need to get on with it.
- Special COP and Urgent Climate Change One Day Training Course. To be held around Europe during 2019 to introduce the main issues, aspects urgency, what is being suggested and what is being done. This is a certificated 1 day course. Please ask for details of the next one. Email greeneconomicsinstitutetrust.org for more details.
- Climate Change and Green Economics Students being taken on for 2019. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details of this work placement, study placement and training course programme which will provide students with the knowledge and tools to go out and make a difference at the highest levels as well as publications and citations of their own.
6. The 14th Annual 3 Day Green Economics Institute Conference will take place in the week of the 20th of June 2019 at St Hugh’s College, University of Oxford-9 Years to save ourselves and nature -Time to Act- Climate Action – Saving civilisation, 15 years of Green Economics and The Green Economy, how do we make sure it creates social and environmental justice avoiding a mad max scenario, 6th Ever mass extinction of species, and runaway climate change. Creating a world of 2 tonnes of carbon equivalent scenario by 2022- Join us for this important conference -find out how it all works. Call for papers, speakers, partners, sponsors, sessions, workshops, ideas, themes. More information will be posted here regularly. Email us today at email@example.com
WHO WE ARE
The Green Economics Institute Trust are the experts in Green Economics and Climate Change and have been working for 15 years to develop a world of social and environmental justice and to enable Economics to be more inclusive and more benevolent for all people everywhere, nature, other species, the planet and its systems. We aim to develop economics from todays destructive discipline into something more productive which can foster social and environmental justice.
We work on the philosophy and background to economics and prevailing ideas and our global network of innovators and change makers has already influenced world debates and policies in this direction. This includes active work to prevent runaway climate change and we have a regular Research delegation to the UNFCC COP Conferences which works to futher the ambition of the United Nations COP Process and hurry it along. We also work for the benefit of other species, the planet and also raise awareness of longer term thinking in economics, policy making and project impacts.
Our Charitable Trust, founded in 2007, backs up this works by educating the public about the ideas we have come up with.
We believe everyone counts and everyone matters, and our team is both inclusive and colourful. We walk the talk and practise what we advocate.
We are an international network of 20,000 people and are always pleased to welcome new innovators, change makers and visionary thinkers at all levels.